• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (4 Viewers)

Very beautiful drawings Paschalis - the b-h gull is so lovely, you've captured the look absolutely right - I find these birds just about impossible to draw! Your combined use of sketch lines and smudge tones is exemplarary - perfect!

I couldn't have put it better myself, so I won't!

Mike

some fantastic work all round here! (So many replies to write to so many threads - you'll have to excuse the brevity)

Thanks for the kind words especially about the waxwings... Here are some new ones. The bufflehead and raven are smaller daily paintings adn the jay and the chickadees are a bit bigger.

Attachments

• Old Picket Fencesm.JPG
    Old Picket Fencesm.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Black Capped Chickadeessm.JPG
    Black Capped Chickadeessm.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Bufflehead 5x7.JPG
    Bufflehead 5x7.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Raven 4x4.JPG
    Raven 4x4.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 56
Time has been fleeting!!! I don't visit here often enough and hope to more often as so much has been posted on everybody's threads. Here's a few recent paintings...

Attachments

• Great Blue.jpg
    Great Blue.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Bald Eagle 5x7.JPG
    Bald Eagle 5x7.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 46
  • Blue Jay 5x7.JPG
    Blue Jay 5x7.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Costas Hummingbird 4x4.JPG
    Costas Hummingbird 4x4.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Nesting Costas 5x5.JPG
    Nesting Costas 5x5.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 45
Another wonderful set of paintings Peter - I was following the bluejay on your blog - terrific piece!
And you are right - you don't visit here often enough ;)

all class stuff - particularly like the pale twig cutting across the baldie's back - like a negative image of the rest of the pic, the iridescence on the Costa's hummer is perfect.

Yes, you don't spend enough time on here do you! Hope your visits become more frequent soon!

Wonderful work Peter, from the delicacy of the hummers to the robust solidity of the heron, top notch start to finish.

Mike

Here's a marsh wren and a series of 'looser' paintings I experimented with. The wren is small at 4"x4" and the songbird series are 8"x8" canvases...

Attachments

• Contemporary Songbirds.JPG
    Contemporary Songbirds.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Marsh Wren 4x4.JPG
    Marsh Wren 4x4.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 50
The marsh wren is classic Mathios - wonderful lighting and each texture rendered flawlessly; a beautifully alive portrait (and, like Colleen, amazed at the level of detail). These looser pieces have bags of charm and there's so obviously a monster market for these.
Did you enjoy the process of doing these looser paintings, Peter?

The marsh wren is classic Mathios - wonderful lighting and each texture rendered flawlessly; a beautifully alive portrait (and, like Colleen, amazed at the level of detail). These looser pieces have bags of charm and there's so obviously a monster market for these.
Did you enjoy the process of doing these looser paintings, Peter?

Look what I've been missing. Simply wonderful work as always Peter, the Cedar Waxwings are great. Also love the Snow Geese, but would have to say the incubating hummer does it all for me, there's a tremendous amount of energy in the painting and the bird is beautifully balanced in the nest. Quite wonderful..

New Paintings

Some new work...
The mallard is a work in progress (the water is going to take a while), the nuthatch, eagle, and sparrow are all small - 4"x4" each.

Attachments

• goldfinch and snowbells1.JPG
    goldfinch and snowbells1.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 44
  • mallard in rain.JPG
    mallard in rain.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Red Breasted Nuthatch 4x4.JPG
    Red Breasted Nuthatch 4x4.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Eagle Study4x4.JPG
    Eagle Study4x4.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 54
  • WC Sparrow 2 4x4.JPG
    WC Sparrow 2 4x4.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 49
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back