• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adding some sunshine ! (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
Might be a daft question but I wonder if there is a preferred method in 'lifting' those photographs that were taken in dull or overcast conditions.
Obviously it may not always be so easy to replicate a sunny day with a nice blue sky when shadows etc would come into play but I'm talking about just generally 'lifting' a shot so it doesn't look quite so dull and flat.
At present I tend to use the usual tools and filters such as brightness, shadows & highlights, contrast, vibrance etc until I achieve a best result.
My question is are there any tips or maybe a preferred method of working that tends to work best or maybe any filters that work well in these situations.

Any tips or feedback much appreciated.

With grey skies you can duplicate the layer, use selective colour on the neutrals and whites to increase the cyan, then add a layer mask and paint the areas you want/ don't want.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back