• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Going macro - options??? (1 Viewer)

I use Canon EF 100 f2:8 IS USM but used to shoot with the non IS version with very good results Here is a shot taken with the cheaper lens

Attachments

• necklace vertical.jpg
    necklace vertical.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 273
I've seen some brilliant macros by the photographer reversing the lens on the mount. Some of the best i've seen was with an old Pentax 28mm reversed. I wish i could find the guy again.

I've tried extension tubes, but the resulting lack of light can be a problem, as can screw on filters with them putting extra glass in the pathway.

I know prime macros are expensive, perhaps not so bad 2nd hand , but they really are the best. Shot this pic with a 60mm f2.8 Nikkor AF Micro

1 photo to show uncropped Mantis and and another cropped down to show Mantis close up

Attachments

• Praying Mantis 1.jpg
    Praying Mantis 1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Praying Mantis head.jpg
    Praying Mantis head.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 209
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back