• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID- Staten Island (1 Viewer)

JZS

Bird ID- Staten Island, NY

Hi everyone, does anyone have an ID on this guy? This was taken in Staten Island, NY on July 31, 2019. Thank you!

Attachments

• bird id question.jpg
    bird id question.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
It's definitely not a Grackle.

Now I don't know whether it is my screen but is it green & white like I am seeing?

I think it’s a grackle too. But I’m puzzled by the whiteish patches/stuff about the head and on the back just above the rump. . ..

Last edited:
Thank you all for the suggestions, they're all so helpful!

The lighting definitely makes the photo rough. Sorry about the greenish tint, @Nutcracker. I'm pretty sure that the lighter patches on the back and head are all sunlight reflecting off the back. I am leaning towards grackle based on the responses provided so far, though I would certainly also believe that it's a corvid.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back