• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frustration (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

Yesterday I finally got around to planting my two tomato plants. I plant them every year in a planter that I built into our back deck. I was happily messing about with them when I looked up to see two mature Bald eagles circling above me. They were quite low so I got a really nice view of them. We used to get them all the time. They would even perch in a large Black Spruce behind the house, but not in the last couple of years since that tree blew down. After a few minutes the two birds moved off to the west and I lost sight of them. I was kicking myself that I hadn't brought my camera out with me. I went back to work. I heard some crows calling and looked up in time to see a mature Bald Eagle fly by being chased by two crows. This one came from the east. Still no camera. I thought to myself that it wasn't worth getting the camera then since it was unlikely that I would see them again that day. I sat down for a rest and to my disgust the two birds flew right over me. Once again fairly low. I finally asked my wife to fetch my camera but of course it was too late. I did see both birds again but they were further off circling above our woods.
I'm going back to that deck this afternoon and you can be certain that I will have my camera ready, just in case.

Dan
You have my sympathies. This is similar to when, on our recent visit to the west of Scotland, both me and Troubadoris (both with cameras in holsters with 100mm macro lenses fitted) stood stuttering, trying to search for the words Narrow-bordered Bee Hawk Moth, while this fabulous moth hovered over vegetation only a metre away and by the time we had got the words out and our brains had processing power left to scream CAMERA it was too late as the insect zoomed off at warp speed. Sigh. Compensation arrived later in the form of Gold-banded Dragonfly and Beautiful Demoiselle damselfly. You win some, you lose some.

Lee

What has got/gotten into our moderators today?
Earlier, Delia was pissed and now you, KC, are damning.
Might just try a whisky tango foxtrot myself, later today...:eek!::-O:-O:-O

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back