• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic camcorder (1 Viewer)

P H

Hi, any body used this HDD camcorder SDR-H20EB just wondered what picture quality was like only as its been reduced to under £200 but not only be using it for vidiscoping. :t:

Thanks PH.

Not necessarily

Under another thread I responded to an enquiry about camcorders in general but I have jsut bought a Panasonic SDR-H20EB and so far the pictures have been pretty good.

It's going to be tested properly over the next 2 weeks in Costa Rica - the purpose it was bought for. I have previously used a Panasonic DV camera but that started to go a bit skrewy after a couple of years usage.

It's not he camera I really wanted because the one I really want doesn't appear in the normal journals - or doesn't exist (+25 optical mag, 3ccd, optical image stabilisation, 0 lux, 40gb HDD, HD compatible. 5 star reviews, >£500.00.) Don't think I'm asking a lot but it seems that 3ccds and the rest do not seem to be put together.

Today I tried my newly aquired Panasonic SDR-H80 which I think is similar to your camera. I have it connected to a Swarovski 65HD and using the zoom eyepiece.

My first efforts are not worth showing but the thing I noticed is that in order to reduce vignetting I have to use camera zoom up to about x20. This means that magnification is already quite high and field of view becomes very small making it difficult to keep anything in picture.

Any advice on how to get around this would be great.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back