• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DCB or DCB ii? (1 Viewer)

Wimpy

I have the 85 ATS with the 25-50mm eyepiece, so which adapter is the most appropriate. Am I right in assuming that the DCBii is for the new ATX? Why does the original DCB seem to be dearer than the newer DCB ii?

Thanks all in advance

I watched the video with Clay Taylor showing how the adapter fits to the body of the ATS, but it seemed to obscure any access to the eyepiece zoom when the DCB is fitted.

Thanks Dale.
That's a very clear video of how the adapter works with some useful tips on digiscoping as well.
My concern is that the attachment when in place seems to prohibit any use of the scope zoom on the ATS/ATM. The old attachment DCB-A, I think, allowed you to zoom the scope with the camera in place. Has this attachment been discontinued?

Thanks Dale.
That's a very clear video of how the adapter works with some useful tips on digiscoping as well.
My concern is that the attachment when in place seems to prohibit any use of the scope zoom on the ATS/ATM. The old attachment DCB-A, I think, allowed you to zoom the scope with the camera in place. Has this attachment been discontinued?

Hi Wimpy,

with the new DCB II you still have full use of the zoom ring either by releasing the pin of the fixing ring and turning the whole setup (then straightening out the adapter again) or by not using that fixing ring which means that you can always rotate the adapter and zoom the eyepiece.
the new DCB has a good number of subtle (but important) changes over the original version, but the access to the zoom takes a bit of getting used to when the adapter is mounted.

having said that, although we are not producing the original DCB any more, there are still decent stocks available in Europe so you could still order it from your local dealer (they might even have it in stock).

happy digiscoping,
Dale

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back