• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Falcon Assitance please! (1 Viewer)

morts

I am really sorry to take up every ones time and I am not a birder in your area but we would be really grateful of assistance. Last Wednesday 11th June at around 2pm, a Lanner falcon escaped its travel box at Wetherby Service station. It is a 2 yr old male lanner, demonstration bird so trained to the lure and is wearing jesses but one has a swivel attached and has a closed rind on its leg. As it was in transit it did not have telemetry on. As it is a falcon, it can travel 40 miles easily in a day so we are desperately trying every avenue we can to find him before it is too late. Any news good or bad would be hugely appreciated - please PM.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hi Morts and welcome to Birdforum. I've moved your post to the Yorkshire forum and subscribed you to this thread so you don't lose track of it.

Thank you very much, sadly he could be anywhere by now, we can only hope he is found soon. We really appreciate any lead. I am not much good at forums!

This is the number of someone they have rung to try and get it down . Kilton Pet and Raptor Centre as been trying to get him down there number is 01909 478049 if they could phone them they could work together.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back