• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Lavauden's Robin" (1 Viewer)

Björn Bergenholtz

(former alias "Calalp")
Sweden
Minor addition on:

● the invalid "Erithacus rubecula lavaudeni" BANNERMAN 1926 (here) [syn. Erithacus rubecula witherbyi HARTERT 1910]
= the French naturalist and forester Louis Lavauden (1881–1935), whose full name was Louis Adrien Joseph Lavauden.

More on this guy here, and his brief Obituary (in The Ibis 1936, pp.384-385), here.

Note: He´s not one of "my guys" (checked any deeper). In my MS he´s only mentioned in context, among others.

Small addition and not really new but fits to this guy. He named Galerida cristata helenae in honor to his daughter Hélène here a lady I know nothing about.

The Eponym Dictionary of Birds claims:
European Robin ssp. Erithacus rubecula lavaudeni Bannerman, 1926 NCR [JS Erithacus rubecula witherbyi]
Louis Lavauden (1881–1935) was a French zoologist and ecologist. He was in Tunisia and explored in the Sahara (1927), and was the Chief Forestry Officer in Madagascar (1928–1931).
The Eponym Dictionary of Birds
Crested Lark ssp. Galerida cristata helenae Lavauden, 1926
Helen Lavauden (DNF) was the daughter of Louis Lavauden (1881–1935).

Maybe it is time to explore her life dates?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back