• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice on binoculars (1 Viewer)

JJJohnson94

Advice needed. Looking for a decent pair of bins that aren't too pricey (max £100; still a student!) which I will need them for work/volunteering and of course birding. Any recommendations would be greatly apprecoated. Thank you!

Advice needed. Looking for a decent pair of bins that aren't too pricey (max £100; still a student!) which I will need them for work/volunteering and of course birding. Any recommendations would be greatly apprecoated. Thank you!

Welcome JJ,

Something to think about: If you asked 100 people to define “decent,” you might get 100 answers. You need to offer more criteria than price. :cat:

Bill

I think you would find the Kowa 8x30YF hard to beat. Porro's will always give you a better image than a roof at the lower price ranges.

Binocular fit and feel is very personal, so I highly recommend trying any pair, no matter how highly recommended, in person. If that's impossible, make sure the dealer has a good return policy.

Clear skies, Alan

Good advice here so far, but make sure you can go to a shop where you can try a few models
out. Try before you buy.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back