• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bino suspenders (help) (1 Viewer)

pete schofield

Hi all
At the Birdfair last August my wife and I purchased 2 pairs of the above.

They are in most ways the same as you can get from say the RSPB.

Except these are made of elastic and we found them to be the best we have tried yet (and we've tried them all).

Unfortunately she who must be obeyed has gone and lost hers, they are so light that Carole didn't feel them slip off whilst putting the rest of her gear in the boot.

They are made by a Spanish couple who were at the fair selling them direct, after constant emails I have given up on them and presume they have gone out of business.

Does anyone know of a similar product, we can get and already have spare harnessess but they are the cloth/plastic variety it is the elastic that made them unique a la Optech.

If you want to have a look their website is still up and running @

Binosuspenders.com

Many thanks

Peter

Except these are made of elastic and we found them to be the best we have tried yet (and we've tried them all).

www.Binosuspenders.com

[/QUOTE]

Have you since tried their address again? Or sent them a fax, as they do give a number? At any rate, this looks like a good solution if it functions in the Optech manner. On their website, they show 4 models, however, and if I am not mistaken only two of them are of the elastic type? Which is the model you have? And what was the price range?

Hi swissboy
Yes you are correct in that only 2 pairs are made of elastic, and the only difference is in the width of the elastic 25mm or 30mm.

Thank you for reminding me about them, I had given up but I see they have updated their web site so there must be someone still there.

I will try another email.

As I said in my original post we bought ours at the British Birdwatching Fair last August when the couple who make them were there, price I think was about £16-19 per pair.

golfnut said:
Hi swissboy
Yes you are correct in that only 2 pairs are made of elastic, and the only difference is in the width of the elastic 25mm or 30mm.

Thank you for reminding me about them, I had given up but I see they have updated their web site so there must be someone still there.

I will try another email.

As I said in my original post we bought ours at the British Birdwatching Fair last August when the couple who make them were there, price I think was about £16-19 per pair.

Let me know if you are successful! Also, may I remind you trying the fax number as internet addresses change more often than fax numbers. By the way, which model do you have, the 25 or the 30mm?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back