• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird & Wildlife Photography With a Small Wide-Field Refractor (1 Viewer)

markkilner

Hi all,

As a newcomer to BirdForum, I thought some of you might be interested in an article I wrote regarding the use of a small astronomical refractor for daytime photography (prime focus method), covering the pros and cons of such an approach, and why I went down this route in the first place (as well as a few notes on image processing). You can download it (as a PDF) from here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/7217575

I use a Canon 40D and a TV-60, and if you want to look at my photos, they're here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markkilner/

Regards,

Mark

Welcome Mark.

The article was well laid out and a good read. It will be a good article to point any newcomers to. I wonder if the thread could be stickied so it's easy to find?

I'll be getting my scope out in 3 weeks time when I have a weeks holiday in the countryside over Christmas. Can't wait.

Paul.

Hi Mark,

A warm welcome to BirdForum. I am sure that you will find many things to interest you on this amazing website.

As the proud owner of a 40D I have read with great interest your article using the prime focus method. Many thanks for producing such an informative article. Your photographs are excellent.

Mike

yes i agree with Paul, an excellent read and very nicely laid out.

Thanks for the article Mark

PS that Turnstone is terrific

Hi Mark, I don't know how I missed this before. Excellent photos I esp. like Fox News.:) Welcome to Birdforum!

Regards,Steve

Last edited:
Hi Mark, I forgot too say I liked the article and found it useful as well.:) I replied with a link to this for someone interested in the 60mm TeleVue.
Steve

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back