• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trip to Singapore - Request for info (1 Viewer)

mcapper

Evening all,

I am going to Singapore for 8 days with my partner at the end of Feb 2004 and, whilst not a birding holiday, will be fitting in time for a few birding trips during the course of the trip (there is only so much shopping a man can take ;) ).

What I wanted to know is any site and bird info any one may have to make my time most productive.

I intend to do the Botanical Gardens, Burkit Timor and Sungei Buloh but other than that I am a sponge waiting to soak up knowledge!

I also have the possibility of popping across the border, within day trip distance, into Malysia so if anyone has any tips for here they would be gratefully recieved.

Lastly, a recommendation of the best bird book(s) to buy would also be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks to you all in advance.

Matthew

Macritchie reservoir is good and some wetlands up near Chengi area but I can't remember the exact name but there is a reserve there.

Field guide to the birds of South East Asia by Craig Robson is the book and it's great!

Thanks Guys

Craig Robson's book look a good un - I shall probably go for that.

Does any one have any access info for the McKenzie Res area - best spots to go etc and also the Serangoon estuary?

I have been looking for close sites in Malaysia - the only one I've seen is Panti Forest about 2 hours away (any others?). If any one has any info - especially on the feasibility of a day trip - how to get there, is it worth it in the time etc.. I would be very grateful.

Cheers all

Matthew

Hi Matthew

the OBC has a web group on Yahoo where I'm sure people would be able to give you very precise access details to Singapore. Panti forest is good I've heard and would cetainly add a few nice birds

'orientalbirding' into google will pull up the webgroup

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back