• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confused (1 Viewer)

k casey

This is my first chat on Birdforum and would like to say hello.I own a panasonic fz10 DSC and would like to know if I can access information on the camera that will tell me what setting I had used on that particular photo The manual says the cameras format is jpegwith exif. Thanks for any responce.
Ken.

Hi Ken,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I use the Panasonic FZ20 after I use to own the FZ10 as well. Both cameras as the manual says do record the exif information. I can only comment on the FZ20 now, but both cameras are very similar in operation.

In camera in playback mode to view the exif you simply press the 'display' button if not already selected which brings up the exif. You view the aperture/shutter speed, ISO, histogram, file quality etc. These can also be view in record mode as you are taking them, but the LCD can look cluttered.

Thank you IanF

Ian that was pretty simple,thank you.
Now,while you are running hot i use Picaca to store my photos and I would also like to know if I can import the photos into this site then pull up exif format on the computer.You'll have to put your thinking cap on!!
Thank you for your time.
Ken.

Ken - welcome to Birdforum.net! When viewing photos in Windows Explorer you can obtain the EXIF information by selecting a photo > click with the right-hand button of your mouse > choose properties > choose the summary tab > choose advanced if required and you will see all the info.

Ken, I'm using XP Professional so the results in other Windows versions may differ. The procedure, however, should be similar.

Good luck!

Herman

Hello Ken and welcome to Bird Forum.

Like you have already seen, there is ALWAYS somebody around who can help you with any questions or problems.
Sure you'll soon become totally addicted to this site like the rest of us!

GILL

Thanks Gill and Herman for your time I'll attempt to tackle it tomorrow as I'm at work now.I'll let you know the outcome soon.
Ken.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back