• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

O oenanthe or O.hispanica (1 Viewer)

p_lion

Hello everyone,
I got photographed last year this two juvenile birds. What do you think is that, O oenanthe or O.hispanica?
Photographed in North Greece 2013-06-07

Attachments

• _MG_6646.jpg
    _MG_6646.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 83
  • _MG_6748.jpg
    _MG_6748.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I got photographed last year this two juvenile birds. What do you think is that, O oenanthe or O.hispanica?
Photographed in North Greece 2013-06-07

The tail patterning might suggest Oh over Oo ?

Cheers

I'm thinking BE Wheatear too.

If it was under approx 800m asl I would imagine it couldn't be a Northern as this bird is barely fledged and will be close to where it was born. N. Wheatears don't breed at low altitudes in Greece I'm imagining - here in Portugal they only breed above 800m ish.

Thanks to all of you.
o_O and O.h here near Thessaloniki, where I live, can be found at lower altitude too. For example where this photos was taken,at alt. ~350m, about in 800m far, at the same altitude they breed both.
So only from the pattern we could recognize which sp. is that juvs.

Thanks again, I agree with O.h.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back