• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there a good working universal camera adapter?! (1 Viewer)

laccaria

Hi folks,
i am searching for an universal camera adapter to be able to adapt my compact camera to an Baader Mark III zoom, an Meopta S1 zoom and an Nikon MCII zoom eyepiece... I thought about an adapter like this one from Celestron...

http://www.celestron.com/c3/images/files/product/93626_camera_adapter1.jpg

Would this be a good choice or are there any other options to use one adapter for three different zoom eyepiece? Has anyone tried such an Celestron adapter?
Many thanks and best wishes
Sebastiano:D

Hi folks,
i am searching for an universal camera adapter to be able to adapt my compact camera to an Baader Mark III zoom, an Meopta S1 zoom and an Nikon MCII zoom eyepiece... I thought about an adapter like this one from Celestron...

http://www.celestron.com/c3/images/files/product/93626_camera_adapter1.jpg

Would this be a good choice or are there any other options to use one adapter for three different zoom eyepiece? Has anyone tried such an Celestron adapter?
Many thanks and best wishes
Sebastiano:D

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for late reply.

I started digiscoping with this adapter (or a very similar one), but quickly upgraded to a Baader optics adapter (better) and later on SRB Griturm (even better).

The Celestron adapter works OK, fits in principle all cameras but is not great to use in the field since it does not have the swinging arm. And the mechanical precision is not exact.

Hope this helps
Tord

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back