• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Velbon SUB-65 tripod (1 Viewer)

John Fleet

Finally reached 300!
England
Came across this tripod - has anyone seen it or handled it in the flesh? - despite being in Velbon's catalogue I've not been able to find a UK stockist.

The removable centre column which converts into a monopod is a neat idea.

The head (FHD-52Q) seems a slightly lighter alternative to the venerable PHD-157Q which I need to replace as the threads have stripped...

John

Seems to be around but not fully available in Italy, Switzerland and Holland.
A Dutch photosupplier website states that it is listed but not yet available from them.
Most folks seem to be advertising at 160 Euro + vat
Its not on the current UK website product list but is in the 2015-2016 English Language brochure labelled as new, so I guess it may be new in the English speaking world sometime in that timescale. Almost looks as though you could build one from existing Velbon components....

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back