• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

40D and 600mm scope (1 Viewer)

Bill Durden

Well I finely got my Orion 80 ED 600mm scope with all the adaters put together and shot some birds. only kept two, because it was very windy.

Backyard007_edited-1-1.jpg

Backyard010_edited-1-1.jpg

First time birding with Digiscope. C&C Please, because I`ve got alot to learn.

Thanks Jules. I started this game too late. Can never as good as you guy. But I`m having fun learning.

Thanks for all your wiliness to help out. And God bless.

Thanks Jules. I started this game too late. Can never as good as you guy. But I`m having fun learning.

Thanks for all your wiliness to help out. And God bless.

Bill, It won't be difficult to beat me digiscoping ! I was mostly talking from photographic experience. Practice makes perfect !

You should pick it up fairly quickly Bill. I only got into astro scopes in the last couple of years. Only thing I'd say about your photos you posted is don't go for too tight a crop unless the photo can take it.

Paul.

I finely got all set up. Kenko PRO 1.4 T-Con, T-Mount, 2" prime scope adapter, 2" GSO 2x Barlow,50mm extension tube. At 100yrds.

Need some pointers, still trying too learn.

Backyard-005_edited-1.jpg

Hello. Im also starting to use SE Ed80 on a Canon 30D. Could you tell me what is the tripod settings? Im wondering about that... Thanks

Welcome brunovo. I`m a Newbie myself. But what I use is a Manfrotto 3021 tri pod, Manfrotto 501 HDV Video head, Manfrotto 3433 PL Quick Releace mounting plate with a Manfrotto 357 Rapid Connect Adapter with Sliding Plate. Still learning how to use it.

For expert advice see http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=100519
It`s a long read but well worth the time.

Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back