• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

I feel very flattered from your comments, thanks a lot!
Summer is finally back, and I used the chance to visit the zoo , hoping to complete a half-finished Golden eagle watercolour..
Here it is....

Attachments

• Golden-eagle-study.jpg
    Golden-eagle-study.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 106
Just incredible. There's so much perfectly observed detail here. Form and structure, texture . . . and light . . . and life - amazing.

Many apologies for my long absence , it was because of my regular Illustration work ...tight deadlines!
This time I tried my luck working with acrylics in the field, not easy at all...

Attachments

• Przewalski-horse-feeding_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    Przewalski-horse-feeding_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 109
Brilliant! Also - must have missed the peregrine somehow - wonderfully brooding look, captured expertly. There's a slightly less-finished feel to this piece which I like very much indeed. Excellent work - genius.

Particularly like the Peregrine. It has the look of a real individual, observed while he seemed deep in thought.

Yep, stunning drawing Pascallis, love the way the feathers on the breast have been drawn and shaded. There is a fantastic understanding of depth here, as there is with all your work. Beautiful work...

There is a very nice sense of weight and heft to this new one that I think must come from years of experience drawing animals, esp. mammals. Like Timi I enjoy the looser quality of the brushwork as well. I enjoy the light as well but most of all I have to say it's that wonderful sense of weight.

Thank you all for your kindness! After two months of absence, I managed to spend the whole morning today at the Nymphenburg park in Munich following a tip of a good friend about a roosting Tawny owl ...
I couldn`t wait longer and I didn`t regret it!
It gave me great views looking through the scope..

Attached, the finished study, Bic pen as usual...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Tawny-owl-1.jpg
    Tawny-owl-1.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 98
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back