• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hdew cameras (1 Viewer)

osprey66

Hi
Has anyone had any dealings wih hdew camera shop london ,i came across them on the net whilst i was looking for a new lense they are very cheap,so would like feed back from anyone who has used them, before i part with my cash.
many thanks

before buying I would be careful and do your research on them. One link is:-

http://www.ephotozine.com/topic/t-73267/p-0

Also look at the price opf the 24-105 F4 L. On there website it is £699 but they sell via Amazon for £834. Why such a big difference? Are they selling Chinese imports via their store and UK lenses via Amazon? You can also get this lens from reliable sellers for less than £834 so I would definately be very wary of buying from their website

Thanks for the link Jamie.

I was looking on Amazon for a Nikon TC, HDEW were cheaper than either W/E or Amazon Direct but all the bad press gets you wondering if the small saving on a TC is worth all the possible hassle.

About HDEW

Hi
Has anyone had any dealings wih hdew camera shop london ,i came across them on the net whilst i was looking for a new lense they are very cheap,so would like feed back from anyone who has used them, before i part with my cash.
many thanks

HI bird-watchers, hello to all photographers,

I'm new to this forum, so need to settle in. And upload some images
I just want to leave some proper overview/review on HDEW cameras.

I did order 5DmarkII from them, and same as everyone couldn't find any proper reviews on the net about them before ordering.
Wasn't sure to order or not, but price was practically 250€ cheaper then in the Dublin Shops. Another thing, why I went with their service. One of my Collegue in Dublin camera club had business with them before. So that was my bigguest "+" that made order it from them.

Can't really express how nervous I was to do the bank transfer for a huge ammount of 2k€.

Tried to pay with Visa, but I was limited with how much I can borrow. So in the end went with bank transfer.

Now about the service:
Guys in HDEW are quite fast to reply to your emails, and even faster to reply to your Calls. Most of the time I spent dealing with Steve, and their accountant Leslie. Bouth of them where good help.
I have to say before ordering I sent them 8 emails, with different questions about my Canon 5D mark2, insurance, repairs, ect. I have to say they where good at answwering all things like that.
To those who don't know, it's grey import(camera, lenses ect.)that they sell, but you get 1 year internationla guarantee, and if it's an expensive equipment you get free extra 3 years guarantee. Or you buy it seperatly.
Delivery. Well at least for me it was brilliant. It was sent with TNT. like I saw on many forums people say: Lightning fast! I was so impressed and happy. You get tracking number as well.
Honestly I'm a very cautious person, and when I have to give my one month salary to some camera online shop, I always am very carefull!
I did overload them, with all the questions. They keept it cool and patient, so Thanks to them now I have a 5d MK2. 250 cheaper with 3 years guarantee.
Grey Import wasn't really a problem for me.

I think mainly that's it. If you have any questions shout. :t:

I was upgrading from 40D to 5D mark2. And oh my goshhh, nothing to compare, the noise controll on the 5dMK2 is unbeatable. Full Frame, and 3 frames per second is enough for me. Still keeping the 40D, but might sell it at some stage.

I know alot would say, that I just joined to leave scame review. Think what ever you want, I just want to make it easier for other guys before ordering and making a desicion. It's not a fake site and I did get my 5dMK2.

Best Regards

Vitalij Kazackov

Sorry for gramma and mistakes, English isn't my native language!

Hi All, just have to add my views here. Ordered a Canon 7D to upgrade from the 40D. Like others, was a bit concerned. However, had a really pleasant and professional experience including when I picked up the camera from the office/workshop. Had the opportunity to try out the camera in the workshop (they had a charged battery as they check each camera out) before I left. Really was impressed all round. Personally, would use them again. Not much else I could add - says it all!!! Cheers, Wingsy

Have just bought a 7D from HDEW - and I cannot fault their service, helpful on the phone, and the camera with me within 48 hours.

And a top notch price!

Thoroughly recommended.

ce

I've just ordered a Canon 24-105 L Lens from HDEW, then realised it was probably a grey import. I was about to cancel the order, but this thread has reassured me that it is worth the risk of one year warranty only.

Cheers,

Bill.

Thanks all for the reviews. I've decided to risk the purchase of a Canon 60D. I'll let you know how it goes.

OK, I bought a 60D from HDEW and I wanted to leave a quick review of the experience:

- Response to email queries was very quick
- As they told me before buying it, the 60D is a grey import from the US (I don't mind)
- Price was very good: £729 including a free 3 year extended warranty
- Instead of the normal Canon warranty card you get an "XTEND Cover" card, and allows you to get the camera fixed on any repair shop in the world, subject to pre-approval of the estimated quote
- Online card payment was done securely through SAGEPAY
- Delivery was very quick via TNT
In summary, a very good and smooth experience. No complaints at all.

Now a quick review of the camera: in the few days I played around with the 60D I found it great, and a worthy replacement to my 50D, so I am a happy bunny...

The choice between the more expensive 7D and the 60D was not easy. In the end I decided that the advantages of the 7D, partially offset by the 60D flip screen, did not justify the price difference (personal view).

The 60D feels very good in the hand, it's very well balanced, even when combined with my trusty 24-105mm L IS USM lens that is not light.

The image quality and clarity of the flip screen is fantastic, and this feature is a joy for taking pictures from low angles and to aim from above your head, and provides great screen protection when the camera is not in use. If you fit a 1/2mm hardened glass screen protector the flip screen it can't be stowed backwards, so you can only use the much thinner sticky films, but you probably don't need as good protection as an exposed screen.

The new aluminium/policarbonate body feels much more solid than the lighter and plasticky steel/fibreglass body on xxD and xxxxD EOS cameras, and is not very different in weight and feel to the magnesium alloy on the 50D, although probably not as resistant to bumps...

The classic joystick multi controller / clickwheel featured on the back of the xD's and xxD'xs is gone, and both were replaced by a single controller that combines the click wheel with a concentric 8-direction controller. This made space to relocate most of the rear buttons to the right of the TFT screen, so you can pretty much contol everything with the right hand, leaving your left hand free for lens operation, scratching your head, hang from a post or whaterver other use you can think of.

The mode selector (top left) now has a safety button, that is a bit of a pain if you need to change modes quickly, but solves the problem of self change of modes when taking the camera off the bag (happened all the time with my 50D).

The 60D supports the Canon wireless shutter releases so you no longer need to carry the bulky wired 2-piece RF remote releases that fit to the hotshoe or dangle from the camera!

HD video is brilliant although, as with most DSLRs that do video, the auto focusing is a bit quirky when using your normal lenses.

Overall, I think it's a good replacement for the 50D, the only thing missing is the focus micro adjustment, something that from my point of view doesn't really matter.

Hopes this helps
:t:

hi folks ,
I wanted to share my exp with Hdew ..Well ,I bought a Nikon D7000 (the most adorable camera ever built by nikon ) from Hdew cameras .. when i failed to use my debit card on their site (there was some issue with my card tho) I called their customer service immediately and i was conneced so fast that u can possibly imagine before calling a contact center anyway ,it was really satisfying .. that made me to make a bank payment .With in no time i received a mail and my order was processed . Just after 2 days i took my first shot with nikon d7000 .superb exp .
I would highly recommnd HDEW cameras that u folks can rely upon .
cheers

Re HDEW

Cant comment re HDEW, but anyone looking to buy a 7D at the mo should look at Amazon France. It's currently 1113Euros which works out around 942quid + shipping. Why it should be cheaper in France I don't know. Usually its t'other way round

Cheers...

Hey everybody. Having read helpful comments here and on photo sites I decided to give Hdew a try. Phoned in my order for a Nikon d5100 kit this very morning as soon as the line was open. The woman was very nice and efficient. I got my confirmation of sale email straight away. I will let you know how I get on. I feel confident!

Hey everybody. Having read helpful comments here and on photo sites I decided to give Hdew a try. Phoned in my order for a Nikon d5100 kit this very morning as soon as the line was open. The woman was very nice and efficient. I got my confirmation of sale email straight away. I will let you know how I get on. I feel confident!

You wont have any problems.
I have bought a few things from them, and it's always been a good & fast service.B :)

Hurrah! Just as Cashie said, no problem whatsoever. Email (or maybe it was text) said the the lens would come before 12 about three working days after my order went in and it did! (5 to 12 mind you but a pleasant delivery guy who made made me sign for it). Everything was great, lens and camera. And a 3 year warranty. Just had a good weekend snapping huskies at Aviemore with it after a steep learning curve. Well done HDew...I should really email them a thanks.

Hurrah! Just as Cashie said, no problem whatsoever. Email (or maybe it was text) said the the lens would come before 12 about three working days after my order went in and it did! (5 to 12 mind you but a pleasant delivery guy who made made me sign for it). Everything was great, lens and camera. And a 3 year warranty. Just had a good weekend snapping huskies at Aviemore with it after a steep learning curve. Well done HDew...I should really email them a thanks.

I am pleased you are happy with your purchase.B :)

Hi. I bought a Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS II USM on line with these guys last month. At the time it was £300 cheaper than Amazon. I was apprehensive when I finally placed the order but was extremely pleased with the service and next day delivery.

I ordered it on a Sunday. Monday morning they phoned me to clarify my delivery address. I had hoped they could deliver to my parents house, as I am out most of the time. It seems that the delivery and invoice address must be the same. Promising a next day before noon delivery, I arranged to be home in the morning to receive it.

At 11:30 Tuesday morning it arrived as promised. Gray import or not. It came with a case, lens hood, tripod adapter and an American guarantee card. I recon I've had a good deal and am very pleased. Cheers HDEW :t:

Results are excellent with my 450D but I still want a better camera. A 7D perhaps. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back