• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hdew cameras (1 Viewer)

My experience....

Tuesday 7th August - ordered a 5D3 with three year warranty from Hdew (out of stock) for £2259 + £10 delivery
Friday 10th August - Camera despatched
Monday 13th August - Camera received
Tuesday 14th August - Price dropped by £80 at Hdew website
Wednesday 15th August - Requested refund of difference
Friday 17th August - Refund completed.

The package was shipped from within the UK. The camera is a "European" model and Canon UK will honour the warranty for the first 12 months. After that it is over to third party cover for the next two years. Be sure to request a VAT receipt (I don't know why you need to request one, but that is the advice I've seen) as that is the proof of purchase required by Canon UK to honour the warranty.

Based on my experience I would use them again and recommend them without hesitation. In fact they are my new favourite supplier, with Flashcamera, DigitalRev and Onestop-Digital sharing joint second place. That said, I recently dropped £1,700 with Jessops for a Sigma lens - I shop wherever the bargains are.

hi, i ordered a 7D body from HDEW last friday 7th sep, it came the following wednesday, as they said it would through the email they sent me, 3 year warranty card , Uk v.a.t/ sale receipt . every thing in the box is the same as i was going to get at jessops 2 weeks earlier, only i got this one for £815 plus £10 postage, i have been out with it today, and its great, the guy on the phone was very helpful, i asked lots of questions and was satisfied with every answer. i would buy from them again no problem.

I personally would always be willing to pay the extra and have peace of mind rather than be bricking it that something may go wrong with it and have trouble returning it (not saying HDEW here just the trend of some of these companies in general) or I might end up in hot water with the authorities etc. If you do go with these companies that's your decision and if anything should happen then you have to accept the consequences of that.

I'll take the peace of mind over the savings each and every time.

Hi everyone again!

Many thanks for the extra reassurance, Tim and Roy!

I thought I'd send an update and review on the Canon Eos D600 camera I bought recently from HDEW.

I received it 5 days after ordering. Everything was intact and had the relevant receipts necessary....just in case anything should go wrong during the next 3 years.

I'm thrilled to bits with it and it's definitely the best camera, so far, that I've bought. I'm delighted I purchased it from HDEW as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get it at all. The staff there were first class and answered all my question and allayed my fears!

Jaff, though I can easily understand what you mean with your post, it really does depend on having the cash available to spend extra. Thanks for your thoughts.

VERY many thanks indeed, lads, I'm truly grateful to you ALL.

Best wishes,

Sue

Do hope they are ok, ordered a Canon 24-105mm from them and just got the item dispatched email

All seems fine thus far and 250 quid is a rather good saving

Do hope they are ok, ordered a Canon 24-105mm from them and just got the item dispatched email

All seems fine thus far and 250 quid is a rather good saving

What was it packaged in ?

I just received my order for a 5DMk111. It came in a kit box that originally had that lens in it but had been removed.
The service and delivery were absolutely first class. The order was only placed on Tuesday.
One drawback was that the instruction book was missing. This is because the ones they received were in a foreign language so they will send on an English language version later. In the meantime, the in camera menus allow you to work out a fair bit for yourself and you can download an electronic version from Canon.

These minor problems are far out weighed by service, a 3 year warranty and best of all a massive £550 saving on the retail price that seems to be in place elsewhere. That's 20% ! And no worries about having to pay hidden taxes on delivery etc.

A big thanks to all who have endorsed them on BF as you gave me the confidence to order.

Hello Dave

Wouldn't mind betting I have the lens that was split from your Camera, I ordered on Tuesday too

Haven't actually got it yet, courier came when I was out and rescheduled for Monday delivery

Not too bothered if it's a white box given the saving that I made

Cheers
Rich

The promised instruction book for the 5D arrived in the post, recorded delivery too, today just two days after the camera. I can't praise Hdew enough.
Their only negative is the limited range they stock otherwise absolutely brilliant.

The lens did come in the expected white box, but the delivery method was rather strange

Requested a delivery on Monday via the UK Mail website and it's showing that on the tracking page of their website

Just before lunch a lady who I do not know rang the bell and had the parcel with my lens saying it was delivered to her. No idea where she lives, definitely not a near neighbour or when it was delivered to her

Great she was so honest, but begs the question what are the delivery company doing, wrong house and wrong date

Will give Hdew a bell tomorrow and let them know how poor the courier company are

Looked in to this forum for a long time and a member recently, never posted before but thought i should put some peoples minds at rest, i bought a 7d and a 400 5.6 from HDEW, all was great when one day the 400 mm lens stopped focussing both manually and auto, still under warranty i rang HDEW and a very helpful lady asked me to post the lens to the company who does their warranty work, she also made sure the work was done in good time ie 2 weeks so all in all a good outcome, i would recommend this firm to anyone. Tony.

canon 100-400 L IS

hi, just thought i would get another twopeneth worth in, after posting about geting a 7D from HDEW, i have now just recieved a 100-400 canon L IS , which i orderd monday 8th october, and it came today at 12.15 pm wednesday 10th october, excellent quick service and a brand new 2012 lens which works perfectly,with case, hood,end caps and an official canon box , with 12 month guarantee, for the sum of £ 1039, i couldnt be happier. well thats a bit of a lie, if canon made these little beauties in a black colour, now that would be something. waving a big white lens around in the woods doen't really help.

Excellent service & Excellent products and price

Just wanted to post an update on my latest purchase from Hdew.

Ordered a 60D from them 4 days ago, and received it fully boxed with all manuals and accessories.

Their communication has been excellent with update emails, and receiving a 60D at 30% less than I anticipated to pay is a huge bonus. Can basically sell it right away second hand for the same price... No loss situation! Now that is more like it.

Thanks Hdew, keep on offering the excellent value, I will definately be purchasing all my camera kit from you in the future.

They are a top notch, albeit small company.

Ben
Wimbledon.

I purchased a 100mm L IS Macro from them last week, no problems with them and one happy bunny paying far less than (uk) prices.

One Q though I wonder if it's possible to claim for the Canon cashback offers Canon are doing right now?

Excellent service

After reading the reports on this forum and talking to an HDEW rep I ordered a Nikon 300mm lens, teleconverter and filter from them on Tuesday last week. On Friday I received a "dispatched" email and the items arrived within the time slot advised on Monday. Everything works fine and I am a very happy bunny!

Good to hear, Colin!

Just a quick update about mine which was ordered in September last year - all is going fine and I'm quite thrilled I saved the initial money and ordered with HDEW! o:)

Sue

Just to add tothe previous posts, I ordered a 7d late Thurs delivered 8.30 Tues morning.
It did come with a copy manual and an English adapter for the charger but I always tend to buy a 3rd party manual/book anyway so not a problem.
Oh and a VAT invoice if you request it
Now all I need is the 400mm 5.6L and I'm set

I purchased a 100mm L IS Macro from them last week, no problems with them and one happy bunny paying far less than (uk) prices.

One Q though I wonder if it's possible to claim for the Canon cashback offers Canon are doing right now?

Not with a grey import. You have to send your barcode from the side of the box which also has the serial number on it.

You want more jam 8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back