• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen Ray Binos (1 Viewer)

Clayt

In the market for some new Binos and can buy the Zen Ray EB3 10x43 for $339 or the 8x43 for $329. If using these for birding, and maybe some sporting events, which would be the better choice? Who here has some experience with both? Thanks

I have used both.

From my perspective it really just boils down to magnification regardless of the company or model. My personal preference and the one that I think applies here is for the 8x. I think there is more flexibility with the 8x design. You have a greater field of view, better depth of field, a larger exit pupil and a brighter image under specific conditions.

For birding under a variety of cirumstances the 8x is a better choice in my opinion.

Since you also mentioned sporting events I think the 8x would be better as well because of the larger field of view. Regardless of the type of event the larger field of view should prove more helpful in comparison to the slightly larger image scale of the 10x binocular.

Clayt -- also note there is a dedicated Zen-Ray subforum with TONS of posts, many reviews, discussions, etc.

I would agree (as would most) that 8x is a better "all around" choice for magnification, but as Frank notes it's really personal preference.

Thanks you both for that information. I was leaning toward the 8, and you just convinced me. Thanks also for the tip on the Zen Ray sub-forum.

Clayt

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back