• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win Opticron Binoculars answer two questions! (1 Viewer)

Hi,

a) Orniwelt (www.orniwelt.de)
b) Has a great optics lineup at a brick & mortar store in addition to mail order. Used to be within driving distance but has unfortunately moved to northern germany under new ownership after the sad passing of the former owner, an avid birder. So now only mail order for me.

Joachim

A) CameralandNY.com

B) When you deal with the boss, and they are good communicators, it makes all the difference in the world. Excellent personalized service, and always a good deal on demos and closeouts, thank you Doug for how you do it!

Ya beat me to it while I was typing, CWT!

I've bought more binoculars from Uttings than anywhere else, and will use them again, so they must be my favourite dealer.

Uttings give excellent service with keen pricing and a great after-sales service (and it's possible to visit them in person in their real shop).

Dave.

a) Sport Optics

b) Knowledgeable Staff, Updated Selections, Great CS, Retail & On-line Sales, Close (1 hour drive)!

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer and
b) Why do you like buying from them?

My preferred optics dealer for binoculars right now is a local shop called "One Good Tern" in Alexandria, VA. The owner is knowledgeable and puts some seed in the grass area across the street so people can go outside and take a peek at sparrows when choosing a set. For other optics (camera), I've made a lot of purchases from Adorama, and I might consider them again. I like them for their fast shipping and good prices.

edit: I probably will never purposefully buy any optics from a company that supports the NRA. I've turned away from a few stores that had this featued on their front page.

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer

1a. Cameralandny
1b. Honey Creek Bill and Beak

Both places are good folks. GREAT service. Cameralandny gets my Leica purchases for sure and some Swarovski....Gordon at HCBB Swarovski and Opticron.

For used binoculars, I'd say the Birdforum classifieds. Great folks, and they take care of the bins. Decent prices too!

For new, brick and mortar, local store: Wild Birds Unlimited in Novato, Ca. I stop by there every chance I get, even though its a bit of a drive. They carry some Zeiss, Swarovski, Opticron, Nikon, and Vanguard. Good selection, and you can compare different bins. I brought my first 'serious' birding bins from them. They match internet pricing, and are generous with their time.

Internet: I've had good service from Cameralandny, B&H photo, and Sport Optics. By good service, I mean prices and returns. Of the three, Cameraland was the most personable due to Doug being on the forum, and Neill on the phone.

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer?

The Audubon Shop in Madison, Connecticut

They spend time with you making sure you have all the information necessary to make the correct decision.

a. Of the last 3 binoculars I've purchased 2 have been from eBay.
b. Good selection and there are often promotions to get a better deal.

a) Who is your preferred optics dealer and

Birders Store in Worcester UK.

Brian is very helpful and knowledgable, great range of optics that are usually in stock, great prices, fast next day delivery included and excellent customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back