• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

48 hrs in Puerto Rico in a couple of weeks (1 Viewer)

cassowary

Anyone birded /traveled around Puerto Rico recently?

https://ebird.org/barchart?byr=2018&eyr=2018&bmo=1&emo=12&r=PR

I'll likely just try for the endemics /some regional specialties -

Just not sure how well the island has recovered from the hurricane; also I prepped for a trip here a while back but never went and lost the notes etc so not sure where to go- looks like a fairly easy prep though in terms of calls and maps.

Struggling to find info on where to see Puerto Rican Parrot... the nightjar looks difficult as well but I have locations for that.

Thanks Neils - I'll only be on the west side of the island so looks like I'll miss it - I'll now only have ~20 hrs birding anyway - but with luck I should have a decent shot all the other endemics (except perhaps the nightjar).

Larry that's around where I intend to look for it - sounds like you had a fun trip. I'm squashing a fair bit in in 24 hrs but I'm only doing the west side of the island. Anyway I flicked through a couple of recent reports on cloud birders and I had forgotten about the successful reintroduction effort of the parrot at Rio Abajo state forest where #'s are apparently quite healthy now ... So I have very good shot at all the endemics and a number of regional specialties...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back