• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tawny Eagle? Ethiopia November 2019 (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
dear members and bird watchers!

Attached picture, I have put the identity Tawny Eagle on the dark bird. The bird was joined by a much lighter bird, I also identified this bird as a Tawny Eagle.

They are looking the same, but the different is the colour. The light bird, is that a juvenil? Any one that know?

VIDEO OF THE TAWNY EAGLE

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

And of course, a Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Tawny-Eagle.jpg
    Tawny-Eagle.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 60
both are Tawny Eagles, dark form (rather common in Ethiopia) an light form, not a juvenile as several generations of coverts visible

both are Tawny Eagles, dark form (rather common in Ethiopia) an light form, not a juvenile as several generations of coverts visible

Thank you very much!

Do you have any idea about the different appearance? Subspeicies or age?

Before I sent my first post I checked internet, and I did not find any pictures whit birds that looked the same and I was very confused.

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back