• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birders Yearlist Challenge (1 Viewer)

You can increase mine to 18 species now. Just creeping up slightly with a few more garden birds. It was nice to see that the new birdseed I put out attracted some of the species I hadn't seen this year. Its still a stupidly petty total though, in comparison to those that have been birding! I need to get out there....

1st) Robert Williamson (GB) - 108 species
2nd) Ash1456 (GB) - 79 species
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (GB) - 79 species
3rd) Jonny721 (GB) - 67 species
4th) Dark Knight (GB) - 61 species
5th) Billsbirding (GB) - 61 species
6th) Loufish (GB) - 49 species
7th) Birding Maniac (GB) - 46 species
8th) nrg800 (AU) - 42 species
9th) Joseph N (GB) - 18 species
10th) The Seagull (GB) - 13 species
11th) UtahnBirder (USA) - 8 species

updated table

Last edited:
You can update my list to 22 now, with 5 new species for the yar in the garden today, including strangely my second buzzard of the winter over the house. ;)

1st) Robert Williamson (GB) - 108 species *Poss. 109*
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (GB) - 80 species
3rd) Ash1456 (GB) - 79 species
4th) Jonny721 (GB) - 67 species
5th) Dark Knight (GB) - 61 species
6th) Billsbirding (GB) - 61 species
7th) Loufish (GB) - 49 species
8th) Birding Maniac (GB) - 46 species
9th) nrg800 (AU) - 42 species
10th) Joseph N (GB) - 22 species
11th) The Seagull (GB) - 13 species
12th) UtahnBirder (USA) - 8 species

Think thats right....
Sorry for stealing your job Jonny, hope you don't mind. ;)

Can I pitch in a suggestion that you also add the region/county to the nation your representing. Like this:

Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB)or Ash1456 (GB, Cornwall)
Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB)/Joseph N (GB, Aberdeenshire)

I think it would be a good idea just because a majority of the young birders on here are living in Britain and it would be interesting to see who's representing which county. What do you guys say? ;)

Can I pitch in a suggestion that you also add the region/county to the nation your representing. Like this:

I think it would be a good idea just because a majority of the young birders on here are living in Britain and it would be interesting to see who's representing which county. What do you guys say? ;)

Sounds like a good idea to me

That's cool. Lets wait for the final word from Jonny, though, seeing that he is the coordinator of this challenge. ;)

Yeah good idea, It will also show how much Norfolk as a county is owning Cornwall (108 to 70);)
Also People who have there Location as for example England, UK, GB or USA post which county/state/area they live in.

Last edited:
1st) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 108 species *Poss. 109*
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (Lancashire, GB) - 80 species
3rd) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) - 79 species
4th) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) - 67 species
5th) Dark Knight (Kent, GB) - 61 species
6th) Billsbirding (Surrey, GB) - 61 species
7th) Loufish (London, GB) - 51 species
10th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 23 species
11th) The Seagull (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 14 species
12th) UtahnBirder (Utah, USA) - 9 species

Updated to what I know still need some more though or tell me of your entry is wrong, thanks.

Last edited:
1st) Robert Williamson (Norfolk, GB) - 108 species *Poss. 109*
2nd) Zac Hinchcliffe (Lancashire, GB) - 80 species
3rd) Ash1456 (Cornwall, GB) - 79 species
4th) Jonny721 (Lancashire, GB) - 67 species
5th) Dark Knight (GB) - 61 species
6th) Billsbirding (GB) - 61 species
7th) Loufish (London, GB) - 49 species
10th) Joseph N (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 22 species
11th) The Seagull (Aberdeenshire, GB) - 13 species
12th) UtahnBirder (USA) - 8 species

Updated to what I know still need some more though or tell me of your entry is wrong, thanks.

I'm in Surrey, Jonny. Cheers

Thanks for agreeing with the suggestion guys. Look at the Aberdeenshire birders, all the way down there in the 'relegation zone'.... Lol. Its cos neither of us have been out birding properly yet. Don't diss the county just yet. :-O

And DK is in Kent I believe. ;)

Well you can bump mine up by one, Redwing today. Despite looking for Fieldfare, though I suppose Redwing is a lifer while Fieldfare isn't. Anyway probably won't have any more for the next week

Hope you dont mind this Jonny but is anyone interested in also joining the young birders blog year list competition if so please pm me.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back