• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stear Clear of Warehouse Express (1 Viewer)

Adam, has it ever occured to you that your beef should be with Royal Mail and not WE. It's quite simple to claim back your money if they don't deliver as promised. See here

Okay i give in, yes the OP was out of order in the way he's gone about this and Yes I'm sure that WHE are normally a very good company but i still think i was quite entitled to be annoyed with what happened and it would have been nice and decent of WHE to at least accept some responsibility for what was after all a service they were charging for even though as I've said all along i know it wasnt really their fault.

If that too painful for you to read Paul then feel free not to bother.

As someone who often sells stuff online I take issue with the idea that if Royal Mail don't do their job properly then somehow that's my fault for choosing Royal Mail, but Adam's right he's got a full right to give his grievances and opinions, and it's up to everyone else to make up their own minds if it's going to have an influence on their shopping habits.

Adam, has it ever occured to you that your beef should be with Royal Mail and not WE. It's quite simple to claim back your money if they don't deliver as promised. See here

You might have a point and to be quite honest I'm not even bothered, i wouldnt have given it another thought had this thread not come along but my point is, yes Royal mail were at fault but they never promised me i would get it on time and they never charged me for it WHE did and as i said before they were'nt particulary helpful or sympathetic when i did phone them about it and i dont think its unreasonable for them to at least take some responsibility for it when it was them that took my money off me and offered me the service.

As someone who often sells stuff online I take issue with the idea that if Royal Mail don't do their job properly then somehow that's my fault for choosing Royal Mail

I take your point there but i think its a little different when dealing with a big company as apposed to an individual.
I regulary take flack for things at work that i didnt personally do wrong or our company may not have actually done wrong and if i were just an idividual i would object to that but as a representative of the company i work for i accept that if we as a company promise a customer something that we then fail to deliver then they have every right to complain and i as an employee of that company take responsibility for that and do what i can to resolve the problem not just pass the buck.

This thread has reached it's conclusion IMO.

Warehouse Express have deservedly got a lot of superb testimonials, mine included.

It has also displayed the intolerance some people have to other people having their own opinions and how it can degenerate into personal attacks.

For what it's worth I think your point is valid Adam. You paid for a service you didn't get and your contract was with WE, not the Royal Mail. You might be supplied with tracking information but IMO it's the seller who should be chasing it up if it goes wrong. However, a slower than expected delivery is not a reason I would use to not repeat business with them, the biggest worry for me is if the goods are faulty within the guarantee period and how they deal with that situation.

This thread has reached it's conclusion IMO.

Warehouse Express have deservedly got a lot of superb testimonials, mine included.

It has also displayed the intolerance some people have to other people having their own opinions and how it can degenerate into personal attacks.

For what it's worth I think your point is valid Adam. You paid for a service you didn't get and your contract was with WE, not the Royal Mail. You might be supplied with tracking information but IMO it's the seller who should be chasing it up if it goes wrong. However, a slower than expected delivery is not a reason I would use to not repeat business with them, the biggest worry for me is if the goods are faulty within the guarantee period and how they deal with that situation.

Thanks rioja, a very good post and to be honest I'd agree that its probably not good enough reason to not use them again even if it was annoying at the time.

Adam

Sorry that you’ve taken offence because none was intended. In all fairness it was you who described your English as “crap” and I believe most people would look at post #56 (and the first paragraph in particular) and think that yes the English is very poor.

My suggestion of getting someone to edit it for you (or at least use a spellchecker) was actually meant to be constructive, but this is off-topic so I’ll leave it at that.

Adam

Sorry that you’ve taken offence because none was intended. In all fairness it was you who described your English as “crap” and I believe most people would look at post #56 (and the first paragraph in particular) and think that yes the English is very poor.

My suggestion of getting someone to edit it for you (or at least use a spellchecker) was actually meant to be constructive, but this is off-topic so I’ll leave it at that.

Thats okay mate,I think i was just on a bit of a rant at the time,the problem with using a spellchecker is my computer skills are even worse than my English if thats possible:-O

Used WHE many times with no problems, had deliveries from numerous companies and have always found Parcelforce to be one of the better delivery companies but have still had probs with them. Check the WHE delivery pages personally i can't find anywhere where they are guaranteeing delivery despite paying for the next day service all they state is delivery is available. They cannot guarantee the service of a third party company

Check the WHE delivery pages personally i can't find anywhere where they are guaranteeing delivery despite paying for the next day service all they state is delivery is available. They cannot guarantee the service of a third party company

Pretty sure it said guaranteed next day before 12pm for what i paid for hence the reason i paid extra for it as i knew i had to got out on the afternoon.
I guess you are right that they cannot guarantee the service of a third party but that is why I've said that they should not be charging for guaranteeing what they cannot guarantee and then not accepting responsibilty when it goes wrong.

edit: just checked the WHE website and to be fair it doesnt say guaranteed but when they are charging £11.95 for before 12pm next day and it turns up 3 days later I think you have a right to be a little annoyed.

Last edited:
Over a period of about 12 months I have spent around £3000 with Warehouse Express
some items have been mail order,and some I have picked up and I can honesetly say that I have not had one bad incident. Infact if I order over the phone before 5pm I can gaurantee it will be with me next day before 12 noon
without paying any extra. Also on the odd occasion the goods have not been suitable they have taken the goods back no questions ask.
Try that at a dealers in the middle of Nottingham where I live.

A word on delivery

When I was out of work once I did an agency job as a "white van man."
What these people are expected to do is nothing less than scandalous. There was no way I could do the days work without significant speeding and bad parking and even then I failed and gave up the work before it gave me up.

This must have an effect on delivery and now I understand how some get missed. I have gone from hating white van man to sympathising with him. Seems most of these delivery companies expect miracles for little money, maybe it's just severe competition.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back