• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (2 Viewers)

amazing how you control the oil, as I've already said, the grass is particularly well done; and you must have eternal patience to use this medium.

Looks like you finished just in time for the end of the Rugger-- - excellent result (painting and game). Amazing use of this nigh-on impossible media - well done Arthur.

Beatifully done Arthur. I greatly admire your tenacity and you've got a great result using a medium that's so tricky to master. Well done!

Woody

Hi Arthur- I have been watching with interest. Am having a dabble with oils from time to time but I only have patience to do alla prima - quite badly. Well done. Hoping to see more.

Thankyou all Iam pleased and surprised at the end result. The oil colour is so vibrant which dosn't come across in the photo.

You should be pleased Artur its a top job with a medium that drives
some people insane!

Love the whole thing and the grass is great . Believe me i know
how hard that must have been:t:

Hi again,
Been to Reg. Reunion Frid, Sat & Sun. Today my eyes are focusing on the same point together again.

Tried Pastels this time , couldn't resist having a go at this photo of a Kingy.

Attachments

• My King 1.jpg
    My King 1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 73
  • My King 2.jpg
    My King 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 81
  • My King 3.jpg
    My King 3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 88
Total weekend bender, eh Arthur? That's ma boy!
(Nick will be proud of you).
Looks like it hasn't done you any harm - very nice, this is. Super detail and colour. Are you putting it into a background, or leaving it as a stand-alone portrait?
Edit: Silly me - I see you've already signed it! Beautiful.

I'm very proud of your three day bender, and your talent with the fiddly media never ceases to astound. How on earth did you manage to get such a clean highlight in the bird's eye using pastels? Beautiful.

Thankyou kind sirs.

Down the East Bank, Cley today. This young Harnser was tucked away out of the weather on the main drain.

Attachments

• Her1.jpg
    Her1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 71
love the strong design in this one, and also the heron's piercing eye is spot on, I usually manage to make my herons look like they've been taking night nurse. Excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back