• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta HA 75 thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Hey thanks Joachim! Although I'm now strongly opting for the more expensive but also a bit sturdier Velbon Sherpa E6300D(A). Would you think the kg extra loadability would offer more stability, and worth the €12 extra? Too bad I keep on getting to the 65cm total transport length...wanted shorter but stability is most important on the long run, and weight is still quite low, I think.

Thank for the tips for padding and scopebag. But I can't wear backpacks for long, certainly in summer that's the main area on my body where I sweat like crazy, sadly enough... An op-tech sling will already be sweaty enough for me, but the Mondell Speyside sling (IF I could obtain one)...would be better on one hand but on the other I doubt the stability while cycling/hiking.

Well, ordered scope, FHD-53D and Sherpa E6300D...spending way more than I wanted but want to prevent ending up with even slightly unstable stuff. The extra cash...won't be missed ;) Excited to get it all!

Everything arrived and tested (not yet in the field) and I'm reaaaaally happy! Everything exactly the max size for comfortable carrying, build quality scope really good and the image is simply stunning. I don't see any light change on higher mags, only sharpness reduces a little bit but not even that much. Great stuff.
Carrying case/readybag had a loose seam next to a zipper right out of the box, so gotta get that changed for a new one, but besides that it's all dandy!

Carrying with an op/tech strap crossed over head/shoulders (as I want/need to when cycling) gets the gear horizontally pointed sideways...not so safe and comfy. Tried it upside down, then it goes vertical and that's way better, but can the connection plate/ball head endure that stress on the long run...? Scares me a bit carrying it like that.

Well...as Velbon claims the head can't handle when I'm walking/cycling with the scope attached, I'll have to go with another head and try to sell the Velbon. Going for the Manfrotto 128RC for €80 orrr the €109 MVH500AH which 1. seems more bulky than I'd like, esp the qr plate, and 2. with handle left (which I like for righthand focussing the scope while panning) I can't fix the tilt which stays on the left as well... Quick release system of 128rc seems strong enough for me to carry the scope around attached to it. Now to find it out if the scope can have the 128rc qr plate fixed the other way around or the sideways mvh500ah is still a better option which negates the left tiltfix...Hate sorting out stuff to prevent disappointments, want to have the choices easier than reality is.

Berlebach tripod bicycle bag to carry stuff around and not so fantastic op/tech strap for walking short stretches... Hope I'm done now and go birding but guess what...next week it's raining haha.

And they've should have built the tripod attachment on the Regal m2 more to the back...it's backheavy however you fix it. Not to mention the way too tight ready-case... But all complaining aside; the ergonomics, build and optics are truly fantastic!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back