• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PNG in July (1 Viewer)

JLS

Hi everyone,

I´d like to visit PNG (Papua New Guinea) for a short trip, something like a week, in July 2019 (probably some time between 8 and 19 July). As my time will be rather limited, what I´d like to do is fly from Cairns to Port Moresby and potentially do a trip to Varirata NP if there is still a guide available and then fly on to Mt. Hagen and spend a few days in Kumul lodge, doing some of the day / half-day trips they offer in the area, mainly to see some of the Birds of Paradise.

I really didn´t plan much so far, so I´m very open to further suggestions.

Just wanted to see if anybody would be up to joining me for that.

Cheers,
Jan

I will be in PNG in July and will go birding to Walindi Plantation in New Britain (Hoskins airport) from 17 to 21 July. Please send me a pm if this meets your plans.

Hi!
We are not planning to go to West Papua.
Currently the plan is still to go to Varirata NP, I am in contact with a guide for that, and then fly on to Mount Hagen for a couple of days.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back