• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thailand 2019 - place now filled (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekororo

We are a group of six visiting Thailand on a 21 day birding focused photography trip arriving 14 March and departing 4 April 2019 from Bangkok. Unfortunately 1 person had to cancel on short notice. If anyone is interested please contact us for our itinerary. We are sharing the cost at 3500 USD per person. We have included 2 vehicles, fuel, 3 daily meals, accommodation, park fees and 6 days with Thai guides. Hope someone can join us.

As we are getting close to the deadline of 2 Feb when accommodation payments needs to be made the group decided to offer the trip at 2650 USD to anyone interested to join them.

I don't mean to be rude but can I ask why it is quite so expensive? I have just come back from 3 weeks in Thailand, staying in reasonable accommodation apart from 5 nights camping, using a large hire car and taking a return internal flight. Excluding international flights, the trip came to under £600 (750 USD). Food and accommodation is very cheap in Thailand.

Our trip include bird guides, boat trips, bird hides, 19 days of park fees, SUV vehicles, 3 meals a day, 21 nights good accommodation. Our itinerary include northern, central and some southern parks. We aren't camping either. Travelling in a group is a bit different.

Last edited:
We did all the things you listed like hides, boats, SUVs and guides on one occasion (prefer to bird watch alone). 3 meals a day in Thailand will cost under 10USD even in good restaurants. Anyway, each to their own - hope you enjoy your trip!

We dont mind your comparison, it's possible to do anything on a shoes string budget but that is your choice. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back