• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap/Budget Superzoom Options? (1 Viewer)

Doing some further reading on the Canon SX60, it appears it has a lower IQ than the P610/P900. [...]

You can compare and download test shots here. For a while I had considered the SX60 and the P900 as a possible upgrade to my Canon SX50. For watching waders 150m away the P900 was/is tempting. The SX60 isn't so heavy, will typically suffice to ID birds. Canon's offer good value. Read some user reports, visit the Flickr site to search for "P900 birds", watch youtube videos like this one.

I ended up going for a used P610. It was the best price of any of the models of interest I could find. I added the imagr quality will be quite a bit better than my old Fujifilm 30x, so hopefully I get it soon.

Thanks for the advice.
Justin

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back