• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TE10z eyepiece compatibility with TSN 824 scope (1 Viewer)

PaulDanny

PaulDanny
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum..!

I have bought the kowa TE10z eyepiece and I am wondering if this is compatible with the kowa TSN 824 scope? Does it needs any sort of converters?

It will be of great help if someone can give some advice on this or has a similar experience before.

Thanks and regards,
Paul

Hi,

first of all, welcome to birdforum!

And sorry, the TE10Z is for the large body 770/880 series and will not fit the 820 series and since the bayonet of the eyepiece is larger than the hole in the body, there is no chance for an adapter. And any adaption further out will not come to focus due to limited focus travel.

The other way is possible, there is different adapters available from Kowa to use small body EPs in the 820 or large body series or 820 series EPs in large body.

Joachim

Thanks Joachim,

Can you please suggest me some eyepiece that would give the best viewing experience for my TSN 824?

Thanks and regards Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back