• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A tidbit about a potential new Mexico guidebook (1 Viewer)

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
FB showed me a post from Wings this morning, and this caught my eye:

"The first-part of Steve Howell’s recent trip to El Triunfo Biosphere Reserve in southern Mexico, where he was researching for a new field guide to Mexican birds, co-authored and illustrated by Dale Dyer, who recently illustrated the superb new guide to Birds of Central America (Vallely & Dyer 2018; Princeton Univ. Pres). The new Mexico field guide will, of course, be replete with many ‘new’ species split from existing taxa, which reflects how much our knowledge has increased in recent decades."

Any recent examples with Howell involved?

Niels

Was Mexico on the Lynx 'to do' list as requested by customers, can't recal.

Edit: Yes it was, ninth of the ten they listed as being the most 'needed' according to a customer survey so maybe they'll beat SH to it?

Last edited:
I'm more looking forward to Michael Retter's new Mexico guide to come from Princeton UP. As I understand it, the book is nearly complete and publication to be expected in the near term.

I'm more looking forward to Michael Retter's new Mexico guide to come from Princeton UP. As I understand it, the book is nearly complete and publication to be expected in the near term.

Just had a quick Google, is this a field or site guide, the latter seems more likley?

So there is more in the works! Great. And hopefully, this one will be out sooner.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back