• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seasonal Nature Photos (1 Viewer)

The berries are pretty, Wendy. For whatever reason I can't enlarge your first photo. You had a sunny afternoon too.

Amazing camoflage on the moth, Bea.

Fabulous pics Ruth and Wendy! Very cleverly hidden, Bea!

I am glad this thread is going so well - thank you all for making it such a success.

Today we visited Harcourt Arboretum and the colours were just lovely. Hope you like the pics!

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 6
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 9
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 12
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 9
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 9
Some more!

Attachments

• A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 9
  • A7.jpg
    A7.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 9
  • A8.jpg
    A8.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 10
  • A11.jpg
    A11.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 7
  • A13.jpg
    A13.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 9
Fungi too!

Attachments

• A14.jpg
    A14.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 10
  • A15.jpg
    A15.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 9
  • A17.jpg
    A17.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 11
  • A19.jpg
    A19.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 10
  • A20.jpg
    A20.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 10
Stunning selection there, Kits. Good job you were able to go today as I suspect that a lot of those leaves will be gone by the morning!

PS....geographer asks, hanging her head in shame.....where's Harcourt Arboretum? :h?:

Some lovely colours there Kits. I had a go at trying something different with leaves but I'm not sure if it works.

Mick

Mick

Attachments

• Leaves.jpg
    Leaves.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 13
I would say it works really well, Mick. Did you lie on the ground?

Yes I did, GF thought I had gone mad, or is that madder?
Not long before I took that one I took this, not really autumnal but it has got dead leaves in it.

Mick

Attachments

• Squirrel3.jpg
    Squirrel3.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 13
Certainly a different take, Mick!

Weather was not on my side this afternoon, but I took these anyway. We had been out to lunch with friends and these were taken of the hills between Shaftesbury and Iwerne Minster. I might be able to get back again later in the week when the sun is shining.

Attachments

• Autumn beech.jpg
    Autumn beech.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Autumn beech 2.jpg
    Autumn beech 2.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Autumn beech 3.jpg
    Autumn beech 3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10
Lovely Autumn photo's Kits. Harcourt looks a lot like Westonbirt Arbouretum in Gloustershire. I went there a few years ago with our local RSPB group.

That leaves photo is very unusual, Mick, very artistic. I love the white squirrel.

Was it raining when you took those photo's, Wendy? They are very nice anyway.

No, Val, it wasn't actually raining but I think that there was some mist rising that has given that impression, especially in the secon pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back