• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bloated blue tit (1 Viewer)

I know when they are cold they will fluff up quite a bit so could that possibly be what's going on with your weather?

Ooh, that looks bloated rather than 'fluffy' to me.
As shown when it leans forward to peck food, it almost rolls. When they fluff up the feathers would collapse back in.
Don't now the cause though.

....No.... I had one like that last year (can't find my pictures though, sorry).

I did speak to the local Scottish Wildlife Trust, and they'd not heard of any others showing that condition.

It gradually became more and more lethargic and sadly eventually died.

No others were affected.

Please keep us posted Al, and let us know what happens and if you get any more information.

Thank you very much for your comments, I have done some research on the internet there's so many different courses that it could be, I just hope I don't find the little bird on the ground dead, I will keep you posted cos it keeps popping back every so often, it has been like this now for a few days.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back