• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins Bird Guides (1 Viewer)

willimac

Have heard that that Collins Bird Guide will be, or is, available to run on PPC, but have been unable to find any reference to it on the net. Does anyone have any further info on this

Will

There's a review of it (PDA) in the latest Birdwatching Magazine.

It gets quite a decent write up, although the downside might be the price (about £90 I think) especially for those of us who are not yet PDA owners.

See <this link> for basic details. I took a quick look at the product recently, and was quite impressed - it offers the full text, all illustrations, and a good number of sound clips (with more on the way)....

....but you do need a PDA first |:(|

any of you any ideas how much a decent pda costs - just out of interest- lol
gotta spend my dosh on something
nigel

Collins Bird Guide

I am advised that Dell make one of the best PDA's and HP too. One problem I observed is the difficulty of reading the screen on a sunny day. Still, it's another advance that will appeal to quite a few birders, I think, especially when the extra bells and whistles are added - like a search facility.
John

russkie said:
any of you any ideas how much a decent pda costs - just out of interest- lol
gotta spend my dosh on something
nigel
On the link given by dbradnum above, the recommended PDA for use with this guide comes in at 329 of your English quids.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back