• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

honey buzzards (1 Viewer)

I think there's very occasional breeding of odd pairs and quite a lot of passage migration in some years, but it's very very early for honey buzzards, so i think they were probably just common buzzards. Where in Dorset, and i'll keep an eye open?
Chris

Hi Caroline,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin.

As has been said, very early for HB.

Honey buzzard doesn`t arrive in the UK until the 2nd or 3rd week of May,give or take a couple of weeks either way according to the weather systems.They are an annual migrant on Portland bill.

Steve.

bobwoodcock said:
Have'nt seen any here yet either John,like you say it's a bit early is'nt it!

Hi Bob, the first will be moving thru Israel in the next week or two. When do you get your first birds?

Massive movement over the Eilat mountains in the 1st week of May....given the north wind. I've been perched on Mt Yoash for many an hour with a south wind blowing. What did I see?....Bu++++ all, but Ben Gurion radar showed hundreds of thousands passing over Tel Aviv....sick :t:

John.

Dribs and Drabs

stevo said:
Honey buzzard doesn`t arrive in the UK until the 2nd or 3rd week of May,give or take a couple of weeks either way according to the weather systems.They are an annual migrant on Portland bill.

Steve.

There have been a few reports from around the country, but I think they are the usual migration vanguard and are just passing through as they are seen in places where they clearly don't breed (such as over Southampton!). I would expect the first New Forest birds to be back in the next couple of weeks (15th May last year), bring it on!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back