• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATX: Manufacturing Quality (1 Viewer)

tonimaroni

I have got a Swarovski ATX with some white stuff (grease/adhesive?) at the rim of the ocular between lens and inner mounting ring (see attached picture).

Have you noticed similar samples? Is this a normal pattern due to the manufacturing process or is something wrong?

Attachments

• Swarovski ATX Rim Ocular.jpg
    Swarovski ATX Rim Ocular.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 453
Toni,

Mine does not look like that. It might be safest to contact Swarovski about it as, although it should not affect the image quality, it may mean that the sealing is not what it should be.

I have viewed with ca 20 ATX scopes by now, and have not noticed anything like this in any of them although obviously I have not been looking for it.

Kimmo

Hi Toni,
that just looks like a little bit of lubricant and I don't see any cause for concern. If, however, you have any problems with the scope in the future, please feel free to contact Swarovski Optik in Rosenheim who will be happy to help you (Tel: +49 8031400 7815).
Kind regards,
Dale

Kimmo, Dale

Thank you very much for your response.

If this white stripe is only a minor cosmetic issue I will leave it as it is.

Concerning the optical performance of the ATX, I am still impressed about this new scope and its ability to deliver finest details.

Apologies for fishing up an almost one year old thread, but the white substance seems to be grease from the eye cup. Just unscrew the cup anti clockwise, and clean the cup and lens. The problem has probably been solved for almost a year now, but anyway....:)

Apologies for fishing up an almost one year old thread, but the white substance seems to be grease from the eye cup. Just unscrew the cup anti clockwise, and clean the cup and lens. The problem has probably been solved for almost a year now, but anyway....:)

The substance is in the eyepiece - no possibility to clean it from the outside.

But anyway - after one year of use I am still convinced by the superior optical and mechanical quality of the ATX.

The substance is in the eyepiece - no possibility to clean it from the outside.

But anyway - after one year of use I am still convinced by the superior optical and mechanical quality of the ATX.

Sorry, I overread the fact that the substance was inside the eyepiece, my bad. In that case, it's a completely different story|=)|
And I have to agree, the STX scopes are stunners:t:

Kind regards,

Gijs

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back