• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Snowy Owl! (1 Viewer)

Passerine Dream

Passerine Dream
Saw my first Snowy Yesterday. Female Juvenile and a male. Very nice looking birds. I was quite surprised when we spotted her. The birder I was with suggested we check out that spot for Snowy's and sure enough there they where. I also saw 4 Red tailed Hawks, House Finch, Blue Jays and some other more common birds throughout my birding day yesterday. Im trying the #MY200BIRDYEAR challenge. Any one else out there doing this challenge? This is my first year birding im sitting at 21 species so far and April is around the corner! Ohh and I also spotted an American Woodcock. They are there and there are a few of them. You can hear them at night. I had to hang out in a tall grassy plain just beyond the forest at dusk. But it was worth it! Im wondering why ebird doesn't have it listed? What do you do when a bird is not listed and you are submitting a trip report?

I just found the spot on ebird just at the bottom of the trip report where you can search birds that are not on the automatically generated list.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back