• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Readers 2007 list. (1 Viewer)

Over to Norfolk for dusk last night plus most of Saturday got me six more year ticks.

222. Woodcock
223. Nightjar
224. Montague's Harrier
225. Little Tern
226. Temminks Stint
227. Spoonbill

John

At last my back eased up enough for me to go out so it was off for a few hours in Norfolk / Suffolk on saturday 7th July. It helped to add four more to my total.

229. Golden Oriole
230. Spotted Flycatcher
231. Arctic Tern
232. Arctic Skua.

Today it was back to Norfolk for a twitch then onto Cley where I added Curlew sand to the list.

233. Dark-Eyed Junco
234. Curlew Sandpiper.

John

At last, I felt well enough to go out myself today. Three new birds was the result.

235. Black Kite (first for Britain)
236. Night Heron
237. Honey Buzzard

John

Last edited:
Cornwall, Devon and a six day Pelagic Cruise yielded me eight year ticks.

243. Wood Sandpiper
244. Buff-breasted Sandpiper (Lifer)
245. Sooty Shearwater
246. Sabine's Gull
247. Storm Petrel
248. Wilson's Petrel
249. Great Shearwater
250. Cirl Bunting

John

A bit of a marathon today. Down to Wilts for the Great Egret. Chew Valley for the Fudge Duck and Garganey (the latter I couldn't find. Over to Avonmouth for the Ring-necked Duck then finally to Coombes Hill (via Slimbridge where I dipped out on another Garganey) for the Spotted Crake.

251. Great White Egret
252. Feruginous Duck
253. Ring-necked Duck
254. Spotted Crake.

John

Managed to get a Garganey at last at Middleton Hall Lake in Staffs.

255. Garganey

John

I was a bit spread out today but still managed to pick up three new ticks for the year. They were Bluethroat at Kilnsea, Long-tailed Skua at Newton, Notts and the Upton Warren Wilson's Phalarope.

256. Bluethroat
257. Long-tailed Skua
258. Wilson's Phalarope

John

A trip around Suffolk & Norfolk today brought me 4 new year ticks.

259. Barred Warbler
260. Grey Phalarope
261. Leach's Petrel
262. Wryneck.

John

Norfolk didn't add any year ticks as everything that I needed had disappeared today . It took a call into Eldernell, Cambs then to Rutland Water to add three more ticks for the year.

264. Purple Heron
265. Red-necked Grebe
266. Yellow-legged Gull

John

At last, some more year ticks. I went with Steve Lister to Norfolk today. Thankfully at Hunstanton we saw a Pom Skua and at Holme a few Little Auks.

267. Pomarine Skua
268. Little Auk.

John

I tried for the Fretherne Cattle Egret but dipped out but did see the Tundra Bean Goose at Slimbridge.

270. Tundra Bean Goose.

John

I went back for the Fretherne Cattle Egret againand found it this time. Plus I added a R C Pochard on the way.

271. R C Pochard
272. Cattle Egret.

John

Went up to Yorkshire for the Desert Wheatear then moved onto Langdale Forest for Crossbill but dipped out on the Water Pipit at both Burniston and hatfield Moors.

273. Desert Wheatear
274. Common Crossbill

John

After the umpteenth time of trying I caught up with the Lesser Snow Goose in Norfolk.

Final total for the year was 275.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back