• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Darwin's specimens go on display! (1 Viewer)

I suppose in those days the only way to study birds, in fact any creature, was to bring it back dead & stuffed.

But, I hate to see anything dead & stuffed. :-C

For a while I had to clean a house full of taxidermy specimens & I hated dusting/looking at them.:-C

Interesting reading.

Two mockingbirds, which are said to have helped Charles Darwin develop his theory on evolution, are to go on public display for the first time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7713340.stm

I want to see this exhibition Pam. There are books in the shops now related to C Darwin and I am assuming there will be many more over the next 12 months.

Yes Val, lots of specimens shot in the name of science. Now we just poison with polution and take away habitat.:-C

I'd love to visit the museum in London and see the exhibition too.
Tis sad to see them stuffed but we kill a lot more these days by other methods.
Thanks for the link Pam!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back