• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapting old Swift Telemaster 841 to Sony e mount? (1 Viewer)

JGC

The question mark at the end of the topic title kind of says it all. I have an old, but in good shape, Swift Telemaster 841 spotting scope. I just bought a new Sony a6000 camera that uses e mount lenses. When I bought the Swift it came with a model 841-PA telephoto adapter which is nothing more than a short (about two inch) tube with male T threads on one end and female T threads on the other. It screws onto the scope around the eyepiece. When I bought the camera I bought a Fotodiox T2 to NEX adapter with female T threads on one end and Sony e mount fittings on the other. It connects to the camera body just fine.

But when I connect the scope to the camera, using either both adapters or only the Fotodiox adapter, I can't get an image on the camera display. With only the Fotodiox adapter I can see a faint fuzzy light area on the display, but I can't focus it.

Am I missing something obvious? Perhaps something like a T mount extension ring? Or is it not possible to do what I want to do? Any advice would be appreciated.

--

JGC, a newby

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back