• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digi advice (1 Viewer)

shropshirelad63

Just bought the Celestron Ultima 80, and looking forward to taking some pics, i just have a basic Hitachi camera at the mo which hasnt let me down, dont like the idea of brackets and screws, is it worth buying another camera so i can fix it straight onto the scope? cheers

More of an individual value choice.
You can take some great pics with the brackets-n-screws, if the camera lens isn't too wide,
but going to a DSLR and so on is a big commitment. It comes down to how much you anticipate
using photos, with some added value for showing them around. There's time to take shots,
but also time to tweak them in post-processing. Either a lot of fun or a lot of work, so
it's a personal thing. One thing about the brackets-n-screws: it's not a big commitment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back