• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Helping the hopping mad frogs (1 Viewer)

Katey jane photography

Through i post this and the problems our local common frogs are having.

Our local frogs, around the garden area and ditches at the back of the house was once full of frogs, spawn everywhere but now they almost gone, think if it wasn't for mums pond there wouldn't be any.

Over the last few years, they have gone from 15 breeding pairs to just 5, i had to do something but due to the fish which had a taste for spawn and a very grumpy mother who isn't keen on nature gardens, so had to get her to let me make a nature garden.

Nag nag and more nagging she gave in lol.

Dug the new pond, a small 4 feet long one, planted lots of wild plants, waited for he frogs to spawn and removed the spawn over to the nature pond, after a few weeks the spawn hatched, and plants took over the nature garden and what joys to see loads of young frogs jumping around. the plants sprang into action to help protect the frogs from birds.

The nature garden is just 6x6 feet and cost £15, pond plus seeds.

For me frogs are one of the best and most fun creatures in the garden, love being out there when they spawning.

My frog gallery.

http://www.kateyjanephotography.co.uk/Common-Frog/

sorry if this isn't in the right place.

Last edited:
Hi again Katey.

I've moved your thread to the Reptiles and Amphibians section of the Forum and as you are subscribed, you'll get notices whenever someone posts in this thread.

Just familiarize yourself with the categories on the main forum page and you'll start getting around ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back