• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tropical Birding , any other tours? (1 Viewer)

Phaethon

I know Tropical Birding runs good tours to Madagascar and so does BirdQuest (expensive) any other recommended tour companies with Madagascar programs?

Rockjumper for sure: http://rockjumper.co.za/
I think they run in the same league as Tropical Birding (i.e.: not overly expensive, and pretty good on the hard birds, where Birdquest is top-notch in everything, but you pay for that!).
One other option is to go with me one day:
I promise you double the fun B :) , 95% of the birds :flyaway:, at 1/3th of the money :smoke:

sounds interesting but I don't drink much, I might miss some nightjars or owls by doing that..

I only drink after seeing Madagascar Red Owl and Collared Nightjar B :)
Anyway, I am thinking of going late November. The only real issue is the flight price of about 1400 euro. If I don't find anything cheaper I might as well go to S-America or Asia and save 700 euro for the drinking! ;)

You might want to check Kenya Airways for flights. They fly London Heathrow to Tana via Nairobi, around 600GBP. Much less than your 1400 euros...

Just back after an excellent private tour organized by Mika Andria <[email protected]> Checking with the main tour companies who were there at the same time, we paid considerably less!

Finally it is possible to do a good trip to Madagascar without spending the earth. We also managed Mad Pochard, Mad Red Owl, Mad Serpent-eagle--as well as most of the other highly-desired specialities including all the ground-rollers etc.

Cheers,

Jon

interesting proposal

I am on the way to explore Madagascar and whole the bird on my way (East and South: Nightjar and groundroller are my special expectation). I had a very interesting quote from www.sobeha.net and I will run for it. Hope that it may help!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back