• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Absolute beginner (1 Viewer)

marzan

Dear all,
I'd like to do birdwatching with a scope, after years of binos.
On the 2nd hand market I could buy a Leica apo televid 77 or a pentax pf80 ed for less than 1000 euros with a 20/60 zoom eyepiece.
I'd like also use it with a micro 4/3 mirrorless camera (panasonic g3) for dgscoping. Which one do you suggest? Leica has a fluorite lens, on the other hand Pentax has the best eyepiece variety. Very difficult choice. Thanks.

Ciao Marzan.

At the end, trust me, you will find yoursfelf using the camera with the zoom, and probably at most, one or two 20x to 30x eyepiece. So my vote is andiamo for the Leica.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back