• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osa Peninsula Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Coati

Yo Vi Quetzales!
Hola

Well advanced in planning a trip to this region in March

Not looking for details of "Osa" but would be pleased to hear if anyone has been, best places for birds - I hear Harpy Eagle is possible and of course would love to see loads of Scarlet Macaws

Rich;)

some nice CR bird pics in my blog!
Monteverde section

Hola

Well advanced in planning a trip to this region in March

Not looking for details of "Osa" but would be pleased to hear if anyone has been, best places for birds - I hear Harpy Eagle is possible and of course would love to see loads of Scarlet Macaws

Rich;)

some nice CR bird pics in my blog!
Monteverde section

There are quite a few places with great birding in the Osa but the best birding lodge has got to be Bosque del Rio Tigre. The owners have great feeding stations, excellent birding at their place, can do excursions to see Yellow-billed and Turquoise Cotingas, are very bird and birder friendly, and are great guides as well.

Other good sites that also have good guides are
Rio Lapas, Bosque del Cabo, and Marenco. Luna Lodge is also good and close to Corcovado Park. They have seen both Harpy and Crested Eagles on their grounds although these can turn up anywhere in the forested parts of the Osa (although are very rarely seen).

I hope to check out your blog soon!

Lodges are fine if you like that sort of thing.

But you can stay at Corcovado's ranger station, right in the thick of it, for much less.

Hi Patrick

wow thanks for the reply , your site is pretty impressive, I will stay in touch.
We are new to this and still developing what to do with our site.
Cant wait to get back to CR !

will add you to the blogroll if you dont mind

Rich

Hi Jaco
Certainly worth considering, thanks; Lookout looks good have you stayed there?

mind you it is pretty expensive...

Hi Jaco
Certainly worth considering, thanks; Lookout looks good have you stayed there?

mind you it is pretty expensive...

I think you're looking at the wrong place. I don't remember any lookout, and it is far from expensive. It's a ranger/research station in the park that has rooms and food available by arrangement. There are kilometres of trails leading in several directions, and the birding is incredible. Plus, you're almost guaranteed to see a tapir. Scarlet Macaws are a guarantee.

Have a look at this page: http://www.corcovado.org/

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back