• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Iraq Camp Prosperity, Green Zone in Baghdad (1 Viewer)

Tatz13

Here I met one of my new favorite birds. Prosperity is built around one of Sadam’s wives palaces. It has 1 large lake and one small lake inside. I took a day off and went fishing one morning; Sadam had fish genetically modified for sport. I believe they were a cross between a carp, trout and I can’t remember the third fish but they were very hard to catch and they put up a really good fight.
Anyway I was out fishing and there it was, I knew it was a kingfisher but I had never seen a black and white kingfisher before, I watched it for ages, then there was another one and another. I looked them up afterwards and found them to be Pied Kingfishers. These birds are beautiful and watching them fish is mesmerizing, I have spent hours watching them since!
Prosperity also has lots of House Martins and Swallows. Also there are Wagtails, at first I thought they were pied but after researching them, they are White Wagtails and plenty of Yellow Wagtails. Oh and plenty of pigeons 

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back