• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Laowa and Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

flossiepip

Laowa announced a new macro lens around the turn of the year, a 65mm 2x macro that would fit my Canon M50, Great so I ordered one and then Coronavirus kicked in big time. The retailer here in New Zealand was at first optimistic talking of about 2 weeks delivery but then emails and conversations took that up to a month and then maybe six or maybe never. You have to hope and pray for them all over in China and indeed for us all on this one!
Still it allowed me to side step a little and I bought their 25mm 2.5-5x macro lens that the retailer had on stock. Amazing lens even if an adapter was needed. Had it just a few days and very hard to use but also in a odd way a pleasure to and hopefully I will get the hang of it. A few images as example so far. Flower spider about 3mm, baby jumping spider about the size of a large full stop and ladybirds showing paper thin dof. So thankyou Laowa for a great lens and good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 45
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back